Friday, October 25, 2013

Adjusting to life as a single parent......

While technically I am not a single mother, not having my husband around makes it feel that way.  We have made it to day 9 of him being deployed, while it isn't making the ache in my heart go away, we have all learned to adjust.  The kids still ask about daddy and when he is coming home, but it is happening less everyday.

A few things I have learned since being married to a soldier:

  • with the army, you will always be waiting(even if they aren't deployed)
  • distance only makes your love stronger
  • worrying about little things will drive you crazy(and make you fight)
  • it never gets any easier
  • focusing on your goals will make the time apart go faster
  • hearing his voice will always make you cry
  • its ok to breakdown, but then get over it


There are days I don't even want to get out of my bed, but I know that I have a job to do.  I am working on bettering myself, taking care of the kids and also the house will not happen if I choose to feel sorry for myself.  To keep myself busy i have made a list of things to do and a list to do with the kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment