Ok so it has been far too long since I have written a blog post. So much has happened since my last post, we went home for a 2 month visit. My dad got married, my baby sister had a beautiful little girl and my sister in law had her little boy, my mom moved into a new house and we celebrated Josephs first birthday only two months early. Kyle spent the whole two months training in Virginia, because unfortunately a deployment is coming soon, so we are enjoying as much time together as a family as we can before he leaves for 6+ months. Not looking forward to this, but it is not my first time to deal with a deployment, but it is my first time with two children. Wish me LUCK!!
We flew to Oklahoma May 22nd, we stayed with my mom and her husband Scott. We spent the whole summer having fun with family, from going to the zoo, to spending the weekend at the lake, to just visiting people in their homes. I wanted to spend as much time with family as I could, knowing that I may not see them again for almost a year.
My gorgeous niece Brylee was born on June 28th.
Leaving her was very hard, but I knew I had to do it. We headed home on July 26th, with my husbands parents, sister, her husband and all 7 of their kids, yes 7. So that means we drove for two days with 14 people, it surprisingly went very smoothly. It may have been so easy for me because I just kept thinking only a little while longer and I will finally be home, I was really missing Kyle and my home. It's always nice going on a vacation, but coming home is always that much better. So we ended up with 15 people in our 3 bedroom home, it was very cramped, thankfully we do have a nice size living room and a den(converted to playroom) so we had plenty of space for everyone to sleep, and having 3 bathrooms was nice too. We visited the beach together twice and spent two days in Washington D.C. which was an amazing experience that I know none of us will ever forget. I am very thankful for all of my family and I love that we got to spend the time together, it may be a very long time before we get to again.


No comments:
Post a Comment